Who Pays the Hamilton County Sales Tax?

By March 26, 2019Uncategorized

At the request of the Cultural Facilities Task Force, the Economics Center investigated how much of Hamilton County’s sales tax is paid by Hamilton County residents. This analysis considered both the leakage that occurs when Hamilton County residents spend money outside of the County, as well as taxes paid by people who do not live in Hamilton County. Our research team found that 53 percent of the Hamilton County sales tax is paid by County residents and the remaining 47 percent of Hamilton County sales tax is paid by other consumers.

To access the findings, click here.